Thank you for your interest in and support of the Valley News. So far, we have raised 80% of the funds required to host journalists Claire Potter and Alex Driehaus for their one-year placements in the Upper Valley through Report for America, a national service program that boosts local news by harnessing community support.

Please consider donating to this effort.

Face masks now required at Newport’s middle school after positive COVID tests

Published: 9/16/2021 3:25:28 PM
Modified: 9/16/2021 3:28:58 PM

NEWPORT, N.H. — Face masks are now required for employees and students at Newport’s middle school now that three people in that school community have tested positive for COVID-19, Superintendent Brendan Minnihan said.

The masks will be required for at least 10 days in accordance with the district’s reopening plan, he said.

The three middle school cases were among five affecting Newport schools as of the end of the day on Wednesday, he said.

On Thursday, five other people were in quarantine as a result of being close household contacts of the positive cases. Some additional students and employees were out being tested and their need to quarantine is dependent on those results.

The Newport cases come as cases in schools in the Twin States are on the rise.




Valley News

24 Interchange Drive
West Lebanon, NH 03784
603-298-8711

 

© 2021 Valley News
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy