Canaan mobile home damaged in fire

Published: 1/21/2022 4:44:09 PM
Modified: 1/21/2022 4:43:04 PM

CANAAN — A mobile home was damaged by an early-morning fire as the owner was using a kerosene heater to defrost pipes, fire officials said Friday.

The owner of the home, on Overlook Way, is identified as Robert Fedell in Canaan town property records.

“It was underneath the mobile home and he caught the siding and part of the mobile home on fire,” Fire Chief Bill Bellion said in an interview. “We considered it a save and the gentleman will be able to stay there.”

In addition to Canaan, the Grafton and Enfield fire departments also responded. The Lebanon Fire Department covered the Enfield Fire Department.

Temperatures dipped into negative numbers Thursday night and Friday morning.

The safest way to keep pipes safe in frigid temperatures is “to make sure the pipes are well-insulated from the cold and the wind so it doesn’t freeze them,” Bellion said. He also said keeping a hot water faucet dripping may be enough to keep the pipes from freezing.

“They would need to be very careful if they’re using any kind of heater that’s producing a flame,” he said of homeowners.




Valley News

24 Interchange Drive
West Lebanon, NH 03784
603-298-8711

 

© 2021 Valley News
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy