×

Footage Appears to Show N.H. Rep in Porn; Lawmaker Says Video Doctored



Concord Monitor
Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A New Hampshire legislator accused of assaulting a California porn director — and denying any knowledge of the situation — appears to have been filmed in the nude in a pornographic film.

State Rep. Frank Sapareto, a Derry Republican, currently is being sued by adult film producer Jonathan Carter after allegedly assaulting him as the two worked on a pornographic film in June in California, according to the Associated Press.

Carter accuses Sapareto of hitting him in the head, face and body, causing a concussion, the AP reported. The assault occurred after a seven-hour filming session of an adult film starring Sapareto, and was prompted by Sapareto’s dissatisfaction with the footage, Carter alleges.

Sapareto has denied the allegations, initially saying he was unaware of the situation.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he told the Associated Press on Friday, in comments first reported on Monday.

But on Tuesday, a lawyer for Carter released a video clip, photo and emails that appear to show that Sapareto had participated in a pornographic film.

In one clip distributed on Tuesday, Sapareto greeted a woman at a door and briefly made sexual contact. A separate video screenshot appeared to show Sapareto nude and lying down next to another person. Separate screenshots of emails addressed to Sapareto’s publicly listed email address purported to show the lawmaker expressing interest in participating in the adult video.

In an interview with the Monitor on Tuesday, Sapareto accused Carter of doctoring the evidence against him through digital video effects and Adobe Photoshop. And he said that the effort was part of an extortion attempt by Carter that had been in the works for months.

Sapareto, who works as an investor, was in California on a business trip in February and met Carter in a lobby, Sapareto said. Carter pitched him an investment opportunity: a business filming tourist attractions and selling them abroad to people considering visiting the United States, according to Sapareto. Sapareto said he agreed to invest $5,000 and visited in June to check in on his investment. Over the course of a week, the two filmed tourist attractions, he added. They left amicably; the assault allegations came later, Sapareto said.

Sapareto said he’d seen the video released on Tuesday, but that it was not authentic.

“It had my head on a body,” he said. “He had pictures of me, and he had records of my voice. But what they showed me was me in situations I wasn’t there.”

Sapareto is seeking re-election next week and plans to run for House Speaker if elected.

(Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.)