Thank you for your interest in and support of the Valley News. So far, we have raised 80% of the funds required to host journalists Claire Potter and Alex Driehaus for their one-year placements in the Upper Valley through Report for America, a national service program that boosts local news by harnessing community support.

Please consider donating to this effort.

Fire destroys lawmaker’s electric vehicle

  • A fire that destroyed an electric vehicle owned by state Rep. Tim Briglin, D-Thetford, was caused by an electrical system failure, according to a news release from Vermont State Police. (Vermont State Police photograph)

Staff Report
Published: 7/2/2021 3:32:37 PM
Modified: 7/2/2021 3:32:42 PM

THETFORD — A fire that destroyed an electric vehicle owned by state Rep. Tim Briglin, D-Thetford, was caused by an electrical system failure, according to a news release from Vermont State Police. 

Firefighters were called to Briglin’s Tucker Hill Road home around 9 a.m. Thursday for a fire that had erupted in his 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV, according to the release. Briglin, the chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Technology, had plugged in the electric car and was charging it in his driveway when the flames started. No one was injured in the fire, according to police. 

Investigators from the Vermont Department of Public Safety Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit determined that the fire started in a compartment in the back of the passenger’s side of the vehicle, and that it was likely due to an electrical failure, the release said. 




Valley News

24 Interchange Drive
West Lebanon, NH 03784
603-298-8711

 

© 2021 Valley News
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy