Thank you for your interest in and support of the Valley News.

An anonymous donor has agreed to MATCH every dollar donated up to $28,500 in our hosting of journalists Frances Mize and Alex Driehaus for their one-year placements with the Valley News through Report for America, a national service program that boosts local news by harnessing community support. Donate today and DOUBLE the impact of your support.

Fire damages Ascutney Street home in Windsor

Staff Report
Published: 7/19/2021 1:39:43 PM
Modified: 7/19/2021 1:39:47 PM

WINDSOR — Firefighters from several Windsor-area towns put down a blaze that started between two floors in an Ascutney Street home Friday evening, according to Windsor Fire Chief Kevin McAllister. 

A resident at the house called the Windsor fire department around 6 p.m. Friday, saying there was smoke inside the building. When firefighters arrived they found that the floor on the third story was charred, and smoke was inside the house, but no flames were showing, McAllister said. 

He said it appears the blaze started between the two stories, possibly a result of older wiring in the home, which ignited the surrounding insulation on fire, although no official cause has been determined. 

Crews from Windsor, Claremont, Ascutney, Cornish and Hartland responded to the call and worked for 30 minutes to get the blaze under control. McAllister said the house had some charring on the third floor and some water damage, but that its residents will be able to move back in. No one was injured in the fire. 

 




Valley News

24 Interchange Drive
West Lebanon, NH 03784
603-298-8711

 

© 2021 Valley News
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy