Wednesday night fire destroys Canaan structure

Published: 11-30-2023 4:26 PM

Modified: 11-30-2023 7:13 PM


CANAAN – On Wednesday night, a malfunctioning wood-burning stove destroyed a canvas structure about the size of a single-car garage on Jerusalem Road in Canaan.

The structure, on Christine Roberts’ property, was built by her son, Christopher, 35. He used it to store tools, food and generally “hung out in there a lot,” his mother said. No one was harmed in the fire.

Fire departments from Canaan, Enfield and Grafton were called to the scene around 10:45 p.m., Canaan Fire Chief John Hennessy said. The fire is under investigation. 

Yesterday's Most Read Articles

Trial begins for Dartmouth students accused of trespassing
Weekend fire destroys Chelsea home
Jim Kenyon: Dartmouth’s Beilock attempts to avoid witness stand at students’ trial
Hartford boys basketball on cusp of first championship in 95 years
Man pleads guilty in ValleyNet embezzlement case
Police: Fairlee man charged in Thetford gun incident