None Injured When School Bus Catches Fire at Oxbow High School (Video)

  • Firefighters battle a blaze on a school bus at the Oxbow High School parking lot in Bradford, Vt., on Oct. 17, 2017. The fire, believed to have started in the bus' engine, occurred early in the afternoon. (Jeff Stiegler photograph)

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Bradford, Vt. — Officials evacuated Oxbow High School on Tuesday afternoon after a school bus caught fire in the parking lot, sending a plume of smoke up into the air and setting off the fire alarms to the building.

Bradford Police Chief Jeff Stiegler said no one was injured in the ordeal that took place around 1 p.m. on the school’s campus. Fire officials believe the blaze started in the engine.

The Bradford Fire Department arrived on scene and extinguished the fire quickly, the police chief said.

The exact cause has yet to be determined. The bus, which was destroyed, is owned by Butler’s Bus Service. It was on campus at that time to bring the girl’s soccer team to an away game.

Video by the Journal-Opinion. Continue reading after the video.