None Injured in Thetford House Fire

Thetford — No one was injured in a small house fire near Gove Hill Road yesterday, according to a deputy chief from the Thetford Fire Department.

Deputy Chief Mariah Whitcomb said the fire originated in the walls of a home on Picknell Road, off of Gove Hill Road, yesterday. She said the homeowner noticed the fire, which was put out in less than 20 minutes, saving the house from further damage.

Whitcomb said that Strafford, Norwich, Bradford fire departments also responded to the fire, along with the Lyme department, which was there for coverage. Upper Valley Ambulance also responded, according to Whitcomb.